Counseling Services Provided
I provide individual counseling, as well as couples counseling and family counseling. My work focuses on adults, adolescents and children.
Please see “Specialized Training.”

Approach to Counseling
My approach involves exploring underlying causes of current concerns. I believe in the uniqueness of each individual, as well as the uniqueness of each family’s interpersonal dynamics.

I believe in the ability of each person to arrive at decisions and solutions that are nurturing and growth-producing for him/her. My role is that of a facilitator in the counseling process. My methods of approach are eclectic—Not falling under one “School of Thought.”

Professional Background and Experience
MA Pacific Oaks College – Master of Arts in Human Development, Specialization in Adult Learning
BA California State University, Fullerton – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Special Education

  • Parent Educator, 20 + years
  • Former College Professor
  • Former Director of an Early Intervention Program
  • Former Coordinator of the Department of Early Childhood Education
  • Former Public School Special Education Teacher/Gifted and Talented Education Teacher

Specialized Training

  • Life Span Development
  • Grief Counseling
  • Trauma and Abuse
  • Depression
  • Family Dynamics
  • Adults and Children with Special Needs
  • Men’s and Women’s Issues
  • Neurological Disorders
  • Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Reactive Attachment Disorder

Fees and Sessions
Sessions are generally 45-60 minutes and start at the time of the appointment. Fees range from $100 to $200 per session are  payable at the time of the appointment. Please verify with your insurance coverage before your first session to determine your coverage and co-pay amount.

Course of Counseling
The course of counseling varies with the need of the client or family. The client has the choice to terminate counseling at any time or be referred to another professional. The course of counseling may vary from as little as 1-2 sessions to 3-5 years or more.

Counselors practicing for a fee must be registered or licensed with the Department of Licensing for the protection of public health and safety. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Washington.

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close